Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
Brett121
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: "Uncaught exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException" - Bold 9700

Hi Folks,

I had the same issue with my 9630 this morning.

I had run updates a couple of days ago after installing the latest version of Opera Mini. It worked fine for three or four days then I started getting the "Uncaught exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException"  whenever I tried the BB web browser.

What was weird was that it only popped that error when I tried the BB web browser directly. If I went into Opera Mini and chose to open a photo it would open it in the BB web browser just fine.

So from there I went into the BB web browser options and reset the home page and that fixed it (changed it to yahoo or something, then back to google.)

Still no idea what the cause was/is, and I've only done this a few hours ago, so no idea if the "fix" will hold.

Hope that helps someone!

-B

Please use plain text.
Visitor
HenryKarl
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: "Uncaught exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException" - Bold 9700

I occasionally get this error message on my Blackberry Storm.  If I hit OK, it deletes all my unsaved e-mail and some of my Facebook notifications.  Something similar happens occasionally when I tried using my Voice Dialing, except the message is something about insufficient memory.    Today when this error message appeared, I did NOT hit OK, but instead pulled out and reinstalled the battery to reboot.  This time I did not lose any unsaved e-mail or Facebook notifications.  Even if this is not getting at the root of the problem, at least I don't lose data as I did before.

Please use plain text.