Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
gamemasterng
My Device: Not Specified

re install BB messenger on my bold

I have a blackberry bold but i don't have BB messenger, i have tried to download and installed it but i get a message sayin my phone does not meet the requirement for download! i"m really fustrated over this issue, please help me
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: re install BB messenger on my bold

And where you bought the device?

For install blackberry messenger you need to reload the software, or download from www.blackberry.com/messenger  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Contributor
totalbbnewbie
My Device: Blackberry Bold

hey hey guys, my bbm has disappeared along with all my games and everything else. .  all my pics, songs, contacts n pins have been wiped :'( and when i try to download bbm from the link above it says java.lang error. . 

im with o2 from the uk if that helps in order to give me the right guidance if possible :-S

What do i do to get it back? please help me as my bold is pointless without this (cries) where can i reinstall it from?

thanx in advance x 

I have never owned a blackberry device, so i am a complete newbie to using my Bold, so please bare with me when asking for advice as i may ask for help with the littlest things ('',)

Thanks in advance xx
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Follow this steps, originally posted for Bumblepie

The software seems to have come corrupt.

Make sure you  have the latest Software for your device and carrier installed onto the computer.

click here to get ur carrier software - http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

This is the device Software, not the desktop manager.

Download and double click to install to your ur computer. Don't plug the device in yet.

Once done that, go to C Drive: Program Files: Common Files: Research in Motion: App Loader and double click on loader.exe.

Once the welcome screen comes up, plug in the device the battery and hit next. When you see the PIN number appear after maybe a few minutes press next.

Once it gets to the device application part, Select only things you need, untick all other languages etc.

On the last page before you hit finish, you will see a 'ADVANCED' option, click this and make sure both the check boxes are fixed.

This will fix ur issue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor
gamemasterng
My Device: Not Specified

urumilton, it's an AT&T blackberry bold!

should i follow the steps u gave above?? and do i have to make a back up for myself first?

Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Yes those steps are for reloading the software for any BlackBerry and carrier.

You can backup the device by downloading and installing the Desktop Manager software. You can download that software first from here

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

After it's installed you can open the Desktop Manager and use the Backup and Restore utility to backup all of the data on your device. After it's backed up then follow urumilton's steps.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.