Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
drjwick
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone

read and iunread email receipt

Could you please advise how I stop my 9000Bold downloading both opened and new mail - I only want to see unopened messages on my Blackberry as i have read some messages on my home pc

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: read and iunread email receipt

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Via "simple" means, there is no ability to do that. You might be able to figure out a BIS filter to do this, but I honestly am not sure it'll work...but it might be worth a try:

• KB28151 How to add a filter from the BlackBerry smartphone for a BlackBerry Internet Service account

If there is no setting that can filter on read/unread, then what you desire cannot be done, as it is outside of the design parameters for the BIS service.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
drjwick
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks for the quick reply  - I'll look in the filters.

Peculiar thing is thst when the Blackberry was set up four months ago, it did what I want now  - it has only just stopped filtering old and new emails.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Then you need further to look into what changed between when this worked the way you like and now. Something, somewhere, has changed. For example, if you changed your settings on your PC, then it may no longer be doing things the same as it was...e.g., perhaps it was somehow removing read items from the server, but no longer is.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.