Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

mklie1
My Device: Not Specified

registration failed

Hi, i've just bought my 1st BB handset, which is the BB Bold 9700..

Then my friend told me to upgrade the BBM, so i did..

then after i finished downloading, theres a pop up saying "BlackBerry Messenger failed to register with the BlackBerry Messenger service. Registration is necessary to use the features of this application. Please ensure your device time is correctly set, open the MyProfile screen and check the BlackBerry Messenger Registration Status"

I've checked the device time and everything is right, but this registration keeps failing.. n' also seems like my BBM works slower now..

any advice?? thank you

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: registration failed

Hi there!

I suggest the following steps:

1) Register HRT

• Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > BBKey (it does not matter which line is current) > Register Now

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AJ0121
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: T-mobile

i also have the same problem, but i am using the Bold 9780, could you please tell me how to fix this
Thanks
Akeime
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Well, to start...I suppose that you could attempt what is already posted here and report back with your specific results...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
annanik
My Device: Bold 9870
My Carrier: bell

Basically, you start off the same as the bold 9700. Go to your Home Screen > Options > Display > Date and Time
Once you are there, you'll see "Update Time" on the left side. Change the settting to Automatic and then just save!
After that, you go to your BBM "My Profile " and if you scroll to the bottom it will tell you your registration failed. At that point, just click retry and you will be set !  

Please use plain text.
imabckbye
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Globe

Exactly the same thing happens to me. What should I do? I am using a Bold 9780. And in Date and Time, what option should I choose in the Auto Update Time Zone? Should I choose prompt? Also, my BBM contacts cannot see my display picture and I cannot see some of my contacts pictures as well. I am really bothered and I've tried everything to fix this but none of my ways solved my problem. What should I do??? :-(

Please use plain text.
rosier
My Device: curve 9520
My Carrier: curve

thanks, this really works!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hanybk
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: ...

hiii i had the same problem before to resolve your problem folow these steps :

1.) options

2.) display     (date , time ,themes, screen )

3.) date and time

4.) update time :  automatic

5.) time zone :  put your own time in your city 

6.) go to blackberry messenger  open my profile and press the retry button

:Punk:

Please use plain text.
yachamj
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: t mobile

Hi I'm using ª blackberry 9000,and I'm also having the messenger registration problem frankly it annoying.ℓ̊ can't use the messenger and the app world too. Pls what do ℓ̊ do
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
linsb07
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

[ Edited ]

When you go into the "Host Routing Table" (specifics on how to get into this varies by phone. If yours has "Universal Search," just type "host" from the main screen and choose "options" then "host routing table"), there SHOULD be more than just 2 lines of text.

Click "menu" then "register now" - if this fails, your device has not been registered properly. Pull your battery then try again. If only 2 lines of text remain in this screen after a battery pull then trying to "register" again, you need to contact your service provider. (If you cannot find your "Host Routing Table" on your phone, find out how to get there.)

After this, make sure you set your time zone to automatic and to what your proper time zone should be. Menu, then save - OR just back out and it will prompt you to save and click "yes."

Go back into BBM and if it still says not registered, click retry. It should work now. Good luck.

Thank you to the other posters for their help as it helped me!!!

----
Knowledge is cynical.
Wisdom is humble.
Please use plain text.