Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: bell

removing duplicate contact list

Hello, I recently moved to gmail from sympatico and I have a duplicate contact list from my old set up.  I think it relates to my laptop information since I still use Outlook to view and manage my gmail for work and organizational purposes.

Can someone help me set up my contact list so I only have the one on my phone?

New Contributor
My Device: bold
My Carrier: telus

Re: removing duplicate contact list

You can use a tool like this: http://www.vaita.com/ODIR.asp

It will remove all duplicate email from outlook.

Please note.

You should backup a .pst file via outlook archive before doing this as it is free tool and not supported by blackberry.

New Contributor

thanks for the reply, my problem is that when I sync with my computer I end up with two lists in my blackberry again.

any help?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi surespot

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Go through this Article from Knowledge Base and see if that help in resolving your issue with those duplicate Contact list :

KB04227 : Contacts are duplicated on the BlackBerry smartphone after wireless synchronization

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

thanks but didn't work for me

the contact list and all contact list fields are both dimmed in the  window so I cannot select them to delete them.

So in my phone it seems to me I have a list that comes from my computer and then a list that comes from my gmail account.   So the lists have the same people in them but on the phone it shows up as two separate contact lists and so there is a double entry for each.

I would like to tell my phone not to sync with the gmail account but I cant seem to find where to do that.

Marinus

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

surespot wrote:

thanks but didn't work for me

the contact list and all contact list fields are both dimmed in the  window so I cannot select them to delete them.

So in my phone it seems to me I have a list that comes from my computer and then a list that comes from my gmail account.   So the lists have the same people in them but on the phone it shows up as two separate contact lists and so there is a double entry for each.

Hi surespot

That specific Knowledge Base is enough to resolve your issue .

First you have to disable Wireless contact Synchronization on your device then it will allow you to select or delete . So first diable wirless sync then perform those steps .It will resolve your issue with those duplicate entries.

surespot wrote:

I would like to tell my phone not to sync with the gmail account but I cant seem to find where to do that.

Marinus

If you want to do that then just follow the  # Task 2 with that Knowledge Base , it will stop your Sync of your contacts with your Google account. Or your Homescreen Click on Setup > Email account > Highlight your Gmail account Press the Menu key > Edit > On that Screen  under heading Synchronization Options UNcheck or Unmark Contacts then Save it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.