Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
lesnsuek
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: ATT

replying to text messages

Bold 9900, have had for a few weeks now, noticed something new when replying to text messages, if someone sends a text to me & others, when I reply it is always to all the people the original text was sent to. My old 9000 had the option come up of reply or reply to all, this new 9900 only shows replu but it replies to all. I have looked everywhere for a setting to change this but have not been able to find anything. Anyone know how to change this or is it just something new that can't be changed on this new phone?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
superlili
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: t-mobile

Re: replying to text messages

I have the same problem. Have been trying to find the solution...it's really annoying that I can't see the recipients. There is an option to 'show recipients', but it just shows the sender's contact info. ???

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lesnsuek

well its been a week now & no replies, doesn't anyone have any ideas about this & how or if it can be solved?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cactapus
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: tmobile

[ Edited ]
same problem here -- very annoying not to even know who you are potentially replying to since you can't see who is copied and apparently are always replying "to all" by default. this is a bit of a privacy concern. any answers from the community pease? ....
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lesnsuek

yeah, but as you can see it's been several weeks since I asked about this & no solutions have been presented. I even checked other internet sources (crackberry, etc.) and the only answers have been to start a new text replying to only who you want to see it. I've resigned myself to the fact that this is the only thing to do for now. Many have complained about this so maybe someday it will be addressed, but not holding my breath since the majority does not think this is an important issue.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cactapus
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: tmobile

[ Edited ]

Thanks.  I agree there doesn't seem to be a comprehensive answer as I also spent a couple hours researching the issue.  Seems like this should be a much bigger concern for the BB community given the obvious privacy issues involved and potential for embarrassing situations with text replies possibly going to unintended and unknown persons. 

The specific mechanics of the "reply all issue" aside for a moment ...  does anyone know if there anyway to at least know if someone else is copied on a text message??  My BB 9900 running OS7  appears to present me the exact same message/format regardless if I am the sole recipient of a text or if others are also copied on the text.  Also the the "show recipients" command doesn't seem to work(?).  On my old 8900 I could always see if there were multiple recipients and I could additionally choose whom to respond to -- this "new format" with 9900/OS7 seems a huge step backwards?  If there is no way to even know if others are included on a text, then one has to open up a brand new message every time one sends a response text (??)... wow that's a big PITA.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
friendly1013
My Device: Bold 9930, Playbook
My Carrier: Sprint

The irony is that on Sprint, group MMS is disabled and it is very annoying, as my co workers often communicate in threaded group MMS format, but there is nothing but crickets from both Sprint and Blackberry on this functionality being disabled.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
brianlt001
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Anyone know if this has changed in 10?

Alternatively, can anyone even testify that they have had this problem, too?  As one of the other posters said, you'd think this would be a major problem.  Is it just us?

Please use plain text.
mpisula
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: 9178418632

This seems like it's still an issue. Is there any solution to seeing all recipients before replying to a text?

Please use plain text.