Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

stACIdee
My Device: blackberry 9000

resetting my 9000

Anyone know how to reset back to factory default.  I purchased this phone from a friend, and have messed up all of the settings just by playing with it. The easiest way i know how to recoup would be to reset. Can anyone give me this info. i am not very literate with the phones now days so be gentile. Also, is there anyway to make the toller perform in all directions. It will only go, up, down and too the left. It rolls to the right but will not change to anyone item I am trying to reach.

Thanks you all your help!

Staci

New Contributor
perpes82
My Device: bold 9000

Hello!

Hi! I believe if you can follow the steps I 'm going to tell you you will get your job done.. 

First of all congrats for buying the phone. It 's amazing once you get to know it... Even though I have a fiew problems of my own... :smileyhappy:

To begin with, reseting your phone and getting it back to work is easy but a lot of people are afraid of doing it the right way.. However I 'm gonna tell you and the decision is yours.

First of all there' s a program called bbsak which you can download for free.. (google it..).

After backing up everything you need, there 's an option in bbsak called "wipe". You need to accept it if you want to completely clean your device. Of course if you only want to get factory reset you can press that button named like this.

Careful!!! If you press wipe your phone will be no better than a brick afterwards. Don' t worry there s a way to fix it.

Nevertheless, I believe you only need the factory reset button. It will do exactly what you want.

Hope I was helpful.

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: resetting my 9000

Hello stACldee

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

The most easiest way to reset your BlackBerry Device is Handheld wipe option :

For BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry 6.0 to 7.1

1. From the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options > Security > Security Wipe.
  2. Select the appropriate check boxes to remove data and applications as intended.
  3. Type blackberry, and click Wipe Data.

KB18998 How to reset the BlackBerry smartphone to factory defaults.

It will wipe your device  back to factory setting But before that please prerform a full backup of your device using BlackBerry Desktop Software which can be restored back to the device after wipe options.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.