Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

chloekate9900
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

restore to factory settings

How do i restore my phone to factory settings if i cant get on to my settings on my phone? is there a way to do it when my phone is off? I upadated my phone from my device and the update froze, ive removed the battery several times and it still goes back to the frozen update so i need to reset my phone to factory settings and wipe it completely!! Someone help please?!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: restore to factory settings

Hi chloekate9900

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

No you can't wipe our device while it is off , We should always avoid Over the Air device software update ,however you can use BlackBerry Desktop Software to do the same purpose.

Try to start your device on Safe Mode   KB17877  How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode , then  Connect your device and open BlackBerry Desktop Software and try the update.

If that fails then you had to use application loader to load the OS back into your device.

KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader.

But remember Using Application loader will delete all the data within your device.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.