Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

roxio media manager for blackberry bold 9000

hi,

i've just gotten hold of the new 9000 today. i've loaded all the software and swapped the data from my old pearl but for some reason, the media manager program trys to load but then freezes. i cannot stop it, reset it or get it off the screen. i have to shut the computer down. i got a message saying try run as administrator but no joy. can some one give me some advice as i'd love to get some of my tunes onto this phone.

cheers dudes

paulpod

Contributor

Re: roxio media manager for blackberry bold 9000

I think the problem I'm facing is very similar. I downloaded the latest desktop software (4.6) for my Bold 9000. When it starts and I go to "Media," I see two areas in the window: the left one is "Media Manager" and the right one "Media Sync." The "Media Manager" area is completely greyed out and non-functional. When I click the right one, I'm asked to install iTunes which I don't want. I only want to get the .jpg.rem files off the BB onto my hard drive as regular .jpg files. Why do I have to jump through all these hoops?

I still haven't found a way. And deactivating content protection and turning off encryption for media files hasn't helped. Man, how hard is it to just put the files as files on the BB and let me download them using USB mass storage...? I can't even see a business model for RIM behind this; to the contrary, this is about to let me return the BB for my good old Nokia...

Best,

-- Axel

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I have read many posts and you would do well to steer clear of the Media Manager program.

Check the grey search box upper left, and you will see what I mean.

Do you both have media cards? I would highly suggest getting one, as it frees up your device memory.

If so I can run you through the setup and you can then use Drag and Drop through Windows, Quick easy, and efficient.

Let me know,

Thanks,

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

Is the SD card's memory handled/managed differently from the device memory? Will I also be getting those stupid .jpg.rem files when storing pictures or .gpx.rem files when exporting a gps log with bbtracker? Those files are pretty useless, I reckon, when transferred over USB...

Thanks,

-- Axel

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

The SD card is totally separate from your device memory. That is why it's so desirable. Instead of using the device memory for

holding media, the memory is allocated to run your phone smoothly.

The media card is not backup up by DM.

Thanks,

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter