Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

lzgray
My Device: blackberry bold 9780
My Carrier: vodafone

screen freeze and contacts problem

Hi, firstly i have a blackberry bold 9780 and i have read various messages on here regarding screen freeze, i have tried to go into options and disable memory cleaning but it has a little padlock sign beside it and it wont disable, any idea how i can unlock it?

Also problem bnumber 2, i wish to save all my phone numbers etc to my simms card(vodafone)  but i cannot find how to do it, any ideas please?

Thank you

linda gray

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: screen freeze and contacts problem

lzgray wrote:

Hi, firstly i have a blackberry bold 9780 and i have read various messages on here regarding screen freeze, i have tried to go into options and disable memory cleaning but it has a little padlock sign beside it and it wont disable, any idea how i can unlock it?

Hi lzgray

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Regarding your first problem I hope you already gone through forums posts and following those suggestion , so the next step you can try is Updating  / Relaoding your device Software , it might fix the issue but always remeber you device should not suffer low memory so install applications wisely, For further help refer to this Knowledge Base :

KB10307 : The Hourglass or clock symbol spins continuously on the BlackBerry smartphone

lzgray wrote:

Also problem bnumber 2, i wish to save all my phone numbers etc to my simms card(vodafone)  but i cannot find how to do it, any ideas please?

For your second problem please refer to this Knowledge Base :

KB04205 :  Copy a Contact to your SIM phone book.

Please try those steps and let us know of your progress.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
intisar
My Device: blackberry bold9000
My Carrier: Airtel

just do factory setting or take a master reset

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

intisar wrote:

just do factory setting or take a master reset

Factory reset only delete all  applications and user data , if the problem is within Device OS then factory reset will not solve the issue but the user should try Updating / Relaoding there Device Software as mentioned on Knowledge base to resolve his issue .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.