Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

serious problem please help

[ Edited ]

first off i will tell you i am livid right now. after talking to at&t and what they want me to pay to fix this. bought the phone the day it came out. i take extremely good care of my phones especially when i pay retail for the bold.

went to bed like any other night. did not have charger with me since i slept at my gfs place. it had 3/4 battery when i went to sleep at 1am. i wake up at 11am and the phone is off and will not turn on. i figure i left it on a website that constantly streamed data and killed the battery. i get home and plug it in. screen doesnt light up and the red led lights up for a few seconds and then turns off. i pull the battery out and put it back in let it charge for 15 minutes and try again. phone will not turn on. this thing is a brick the only thing it will display is the picture included below. i swapped my dead battery with someones full battery and phone still wouldnt turn on. i am pretty good at troubleshooting computers and phones and i cant figure this out.

the phone will turn on without the sim card inside for some reason. honestly it happened by accident. i couldnt get the phone to turn on, then i took it out of the holster and it was on. so is there a master reset or something i can do at this point?

at&t wanted to send me a refurb after less than 60 days of ownership and paying $63x.xx for it. they also were gonna charge me $115 to exchange for a refurb. they told me if  didnt want to do that they would sell me another new one at retail. i grabbed a pad of paper threw it at the persons shirt and walked out.

luckily the noncorporate store i went to the guy was really cool and said he would give me a credit for my **bleep**ed up phone and would only have to pay $50 for a new bold with upgrade. pretty good deal but i dont want to use my upgrade eligabilty because thats why i paid retail to begin with.

help PLEASE

Message Edited by prestone818 on 12-31-2008 02:26 PM
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: serious problem please help

Before pay nothing, try install the original software again, download the software from this link

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/devices/

and here is the procedure to do it

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/devices/#tab_tab_update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Solutions: 6,134
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

That simply means no charge. 

When you placed your friend's 'good' charged battery in it, did it give you the same symbol on the screen?

Leave the device to charge 2-3 hours, and then, still connected to the USB cable, remove the the battery from the device a few seconds and reinsert it. If it boots--leave it to charge to 100% (check Options > Status for the percentage).

If it doesn't boot--try using a different wall outlet charger if you are not. If you are connected via USB to the PC, make certain that you have Desktop Manager (or the USB device drivers) installed, which you can download below.

Make certain your USB cable is connected to one of the PC's main rear USB ports. Not a USB hub, nor a monitor USB port, nor a USB port on the front of the PC.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

it did the same thing with his full battery. wouldnt turn on or charge. im debating just paying the $50 and getting a new bold. i am planning on having it for atleast a year
Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold

if you've had it less than a year and theres no physical damage to a warranty exchange.. no sense payin the 125 deductable if your under warranty..
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.