Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
My Device: Q10 (OS 10.2.1.2941)
My Carrier: Telus

setting up internet settings manually

Hello,

I got a Blackberry Bold through the Roger's network (Canada). I am, however trying to use it on my Fido plan. I have a data plan on the account (from when I had an iPhone). I spoke to Fido and they said they cannot give me the step by step procedure to configure the phone on their network, but that she could give me all necessary settings.

So, I now have all the settings (APN, IP, DNS, etc.) I need but I can't figure out how to get the internet on this thing going.

Someone please help!!

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: setting up internet settings manually

[ Edited ]
You need a Blackberry Data plan, ask the Customer Center again.
Message Edited by urumilton on 01-03-2009 11:23 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Contributor

No, I have 1 GB of data. They said that's the most appropriate plan for use with a Blackberry.

The problem I'm having is inputting the settings. That's where I need help. I have everything else.

I do appreciate the effort however.  

Forums Veteran III

You need register the device in the network

Put the sim in the blackberry device, press menu (the key with blackberry logo), options, advanced options, Host Routing Table, and you can see your carrier name with a number, press menu and register now. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contributor

The unit obviously won't just register with the network. It's not designed for the Fido network, which is why I need to input the settings manually. I need help to figure out where to input all these settings. I have APN, IP, username/pwd, dial up #, and DNS. I don't know where to input it!

Forums Veteran III

Go to any Fido Store and they can fix your problem.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Now that would defeat the purpose of this post, wouldn't it? Like I said...

I got a Blackberry Bold through the Roger's network (Canada). I am, however trying to use it on my Fido plan (doesn't have BBs). I have a data plan on the account (that works with BBs). I spoke to Fido and they said they cannot give me the step by step procedure to configure the phone on their network, but that she could give me all necessary settings.

So, I now have all the settings (APN, IP, DNS, etc.) I need but I can't figure out how to get the internet on this thing going.

Someone please help!! I need to know what settings are necessary, and where I input them.

Message Edited by puresoundz on 01-03-2009 12:50 PM
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: fido

Hey puresoundz, I have the exact same situation as you. Did you finally find an answer to setup the Fido BB9000 to the internet?..

I found a way to log into google using the blackberry site, but I wanted to use a browser instead.. I am eager to find out