Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
twon101
My Device: Not Specified

sms problems

My blackberry bold has a problem help!!! When i recieve instant message my screen doesnt come on but i can hear the alert but not see it, so i have to press the trackball and screen comes on and then i have to go sms inbox and read it instead i should be able to see it when alerts me of message coming in...
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: sms problems

I think the problem is when you have the device out of holster, right?

in Profiles, scroll down, go to advanced, press the highlight (normal, if you dont change nothing), scroll down, go to Sms text and you have the options, for out of holster and in holster, but if i'm not wrong, when you have the device on holster and you take out from the holster (from any alert), you can see on the screen the sms or mail, etc.

This happen because in the holster, the device turn off the screen to save battery. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
twon101
My Device: Not Specified

i went there all i see none,tone,vibrate, and vibrate plus tone...which one would work
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

you have the problem always or only when the device is out of holster?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.