Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
xbethanyx
My Device: Not Specified

sms to short codes wont work?

Hi all, I'm just wondering why and what I can do to be able to send messages to short codes? For example, I can't play the lottery by text to number 61111 as I get a message back with a red cross advising sms rejected. I also can't enter competitions or update facebook by text. I can send texts to normal numbers, just not short ones and can't work out why! I have restarted the phone etc with no luck. Any ideas? Thanks!
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Dr_Palto
My Device: 9000, 9500
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: sms to short codes wont work?

Hello xbethanyx,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

SMS messaging is a carrier specific feature. You may want to contact your wireless service provider regarding issues with SMS messages.

Thank you

-DrP

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
justinbryan
My Device: Not Specified

Re: sms to short codes wont work?

I recommend you wire2air sms short code services which provide you reliable, effective and inexpensive text messaging service to send sms without any problems to billions of customer at a time. Wire2air is a US based company engaged in providing sms gateway, bulk sms, mobile contents delivery (like ringtones, wallpapers, videos, images, animations) and mobile marketing solutions and platforms.
Please use plain text.