Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

waynemp
My Device: blackberry bold 9900

software update

Hi All, i have just done a software update on my blackberry bold 9900(7.1 os) this was done on the 2/3/13 after doing this i cannot setup emails as this function is blocked out and can not access this feature. help with this would be much appreciated. regards wayne

New Contributor
miemi9000
My Device: blackberry 9900

Re: software update

If not mistaken .you need to reconfirm your blackberry ID first,then its back to normal

others bb user...pls advise

tq

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: software update

Hello waynemp

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

I assume you have BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS already on your account, as you updated your device software so first please try those steps in a sequence :

1- Register your Handheld .

• KB00510 : How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box.

2- Resend your Service Book

• KB02830 : Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • ( Wait till a Registration Message comes in your message box for each email that you have configured on your device )

3-  Then perform a battery pull restart like this while the device is powered On remove your battery wait for a min. then reinsert it back

After performing those steps try to open Email Setup options to see if that allows .If still fails then from your BlackBerry browser browse to www.blackberry.com/integrate to add / edit your email account .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.