Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

yoyobo
My Device: Not Specified

speakerphone screeching noise during call

After the upgrade to .162, when i use the speakerphone during a call and my hand covers the rightside of the speaker I get the high pitch noise. I noticed this only happens when I'm also touching the metal backing or the fake metal around the phone. Again this is only on the right handside of the speaker, the left side is fine because when i tap on it during the call no high pitch noise but when i tap the right speaker it starts the screehing. This problem never occured on the orignial firmware. This is the second time I've upgraded and downgraded from .162 to the original. I've done numerous battery pulls and no success. Downgraded back to .125 and works fine with no issue. Please help.
New Contributor
zennberry
My Device: Not Specified

Re: speakerphone screeching noise during call

I have the same issue. The speakerphone produces a serious loud feedback whine if I get my hand anywhere near the audio ports. While the whine is being produced I can put my finger over the Mic hole and the whine instantly stops. This suggests an issue with the accustics of the phone.

BUT.....

This problem did not occur on OS version .167 (the very OS that came with the phone). AFTER upgrading to OS .185 did the problem appear.

I know...I should just go back to .67, right? Well, that's the OS that is porducing serious memory leaks and crashes the phone. So......live with virtually no speakerphone, or go back to crashing? hmmm....

How's about this instead: HEY RIMM.....please help. Pretty please.     ....anyone?    ....help?

-joe