Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: ATT

strange icon wont go away. its next to the voicemail notifications with 49 next to it.

[ Edited ]

its not a normal blackberry icon and i dont know what the number 49 represents. I've called ATT and  they can send something OTA to remove it, but it comes back in a few minutes. i took a screenshot and expanded it... take a look .. http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b67/anseltmchs/Screen_20120928_165044_zps99e07677.jpg .

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: strange icon wont go away. its next to the voicemail notifications with 49 next to it.

[ Edited ]

On your homescreen, click Messages.  Once that opens, press your menu key and select View Folder.  Somewhere within one of those folders should be the source of that notification.  Look through the folders until you find it then you can delete it from there.

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: strange icon wont go away. its next to the voicemail notifications with 49 next to it.

You can also go to your main Messages folder, press the BB Menu button and select Search By > Advanced, then, under the Show sections, select Unread only.

This will search for all unread messages and will allow you to find those unread messages.

I hope that info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Elite II

I guess Krypto's idea isn't too bad, either.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: ATT

nope. its not a message. i tried the search just to be sure... ive been using a blackberry for many years... i have never seen this icon 

Elite II

The next step would be to go to App World to see if any of your apps have an update available. If none do, call your carrier and ask if it's some type of pushed message from them.

Cheers. :smileyhappy:

Elite II

Oops, I just noticed from your original message that you've called AT&T already. Sorry.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

I'm not 100% positive, but I believe it may be a visual voicemail icon. If their not in your main messages folder, then its an issue between your device and AT&T. There is a way I've seen to clear this, but I'll just need a bit of time to see if I can pull that up again. I have a feeling an OS reload or device reset is what was used to fix this in the past, but I just want to make sure before I tell you to take those steps.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!