Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

arjay13
My Carrier: verizon

sync my blackberry to my pc

Hi

I have an older customer (70yrs old) who wants to sync his contacts and calander to his pc (this is important as he is a regional mover and shaker politically and legislatively).  I dont own a Blackberry (I think his is a BOLD, about 3 years old), but I tried to use the software on his pc and made no progress. Just for your info, I have been building and repairing pc's for over 30 years but I am new to Blackberry and iPADs (I have more experience with iPADs as my wife has one). So I have skills with computers but not with Blackberrys. I do not even know how to figure out exactly which Blackberry he owns or what the OS is. When I tried to sync the BB to the PC , it was asking about Lotus and ASCII and Outlook, outdated versions as far as I could see,, none of which he has on his Windows 7 pc. His Office suite does not have Outlook but it does have Windows Calendar and Windows Contacts as well as Works. I really do not know wher to go here.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Arjay13

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback

Re: sync my blackberry to my pc

Hey arjay13,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Please review the following article on how to setup organizer data synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Software:
http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03315

The BlackBerry Desktop Software v7.1 supports the following organizers for synchronization:
IBM Lotus Notes 6.5.5, 7.0.4, 8.0.3, 8.5.1 and 8.5.2
Microsoft Outlook 2003, 2007 and 2010
Microsoft® Outlook® Express (Windows XP)
Windows Calendar (Windows Vista)
Windows Contacts (Windows Vista, Windows 7)

You can find the BlackBerry Desktop Software v7.1 minimum system requirements here:
http://ca.blackberry.com/software/desktop/desktop-pc/system-requirements.html

Let us know if you have any questions.
Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.