Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: blackberry bold 9780

system folders and Device folders problem!

Greetings Blackberry community

Im writing you guys because I need urgent help with my new blackberry bold 9790. the thing is that whenever I plug it into my computer or search the Device/System folders manually they are hidden (on the bb) or they are simply not there (when i use the explorer) i hat to format the bb a few times, and the problem gets solved for a few minutes.

the deal with this is that when i sync the music, wheter is copy and paste on the explorer music folder in the pc or using the BB desktop manager media sync software, it uses the device space, the music gets actually synced into the device but I cannot access this music from the media library. when i try to it says that there is only 1 song, and its the default one that comes with the cellphone; so I look up in the Files app, Device/System folders and they are all Hidden.

I dont know why this folders are hidden so whenever i wanna have access to my music i have to go to files, device folders, show hidden stuff and finally i can see my songs... the thing is that i have to play one by one and i cannot change or switch apps since its not streaming in the media player....

im worried about this, Ive reseted the cellphone, backed up, even formated it at the my computer, blackberry(M) properties....

thank you so much for your support and please forget my grammar

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: system folders and Device folders problem!

Hi mike85rmz and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

When you plug your BlackBerry smartphone into your computer, do you see a pop-up on your screen asking you if you would like to enable USB Drive, Synch Media or Charge Only?  If you select USB Drive or Sync Media, the media card will no longer be accessible via the BlackBerry smartphone while plugged in.  This is to allow the computer to have access to your media card for transferring the files.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!