Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

taking the 9000 personal - email issues

I am between jobs, but my last employer gave me the bold device they had owned and registered for me; and was activated with a BES account linked to their server.  I no longer need the BES box /account on my device. That account is now closed and removed from their server.

I will get to my issue/problem after saying .... I now want to move to an email environment where I use Outlook to receive/send/manage my personal email account with comcast (knowing I will eventually move to gmail for the storage).  I got halfway there.

I have synched my Comcast account with Outlook and that seems fine. There is nothing in my comcast inbox anymore but everything appears in Outlook so no problem and I have transferred my contacts and calendar info from device to outlook via bb desktop program.

The problem is with the email on the device. I still have 2 mailboxes on the device desktop. Each mailbox can send and receive email. Now here is the part I cannot figure out how to fix. 

1) The email sent from either device mailbox arrives in my Outlook In Box but it does not show up in either mailbox on the device.

2) An email sent from my Outlook, comes back to the Outlook in box but does not hit the device mailboxes.

3) And when I send an email to my comcast account via my wife's pc, the email only hits the device mail boxes when my Outlook is opened/launched and thenconnected to the comcast account. There is no reconciliation function either as far as I can tell.

4) so it appears the device emailboxes only get email from outside sources (at time) and when my pc has Outlook open.  

I know there's a lot there but fairly related I hope. Thanks to whoever can help me.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: taking the 9000 personal - email issues

Hi,

When you opened your account on what is now your Blackberry, did you register the PIN with your new account?

Also, do you leave a copy of the Email on the mailbox account? If you do not. The first device PC or BB that gets

it is considered delivered, so the other device will not get it.

Use the BIS site to re-associate your pin with your account. after which delete both email accounts.

After switching the PIN:

Go to options advanced options, Host Routing Tables, click to enter. DO NOT click on any listing.
Press menu key, and select register now. You will get a verification email.

Then recreate the email accounts:

Then go to email settings and send service books.
You will get an email per account.

Then do a battery pull:

No data will be lost when doing the following: pull the battery while the device is ON. Replace after a minute, Let the device reboot 1-3 min, see if the problem is fixed.
Thanks

Bifocals

Procedure for the BIS site:

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/8067/645045/788117/1166305/1...

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks. My old compoany has not made notes in the account file to release the account to me so I cannot set up a BIS account because the PIN is registered already to a different user. I will get that done early next week and try your suggestions. Thanks again for the help.  If it works, I'll make note of it.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Thanks,

Please reoslve the thread, we can open another if needed.

Thanks,

Bifocas

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter