Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
JaneH
My Device: Bold 9900

text messages auto deleting Bold 9900

My texts are auto deleting after a month, I want to delete them when I want to, HELP how can i stop this happening and can i retrieve them?

Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: text messages auto deleting Bold 9900

Hello JaneH

Welcome to the Community

If you want your phone to keep its messages longer or forever, follow these steps:

- Go to Messages icon on your homescreen

- Press the Menu Button and choose Options

Choose Message Display and Actions

Scroll down til you get to Days to Keep Messages

Select the desired option from the Dropdown beside it

Goodluck

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

New Contributor
JaneH

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately my Bold 9900 only shows "Max" as a validity period for texts or if i scroll down so does the timescale to 2 weeks,1 week and so on to 3hours!!!!! No way of changing it !

Even my local 02 shop couldn't help, they suggest i speak to their "Guru" when he's in or phone customer help. The phone only started doing this at the end of May, before that it held every text until i deleted them, there weren't that many but they were important!  It still has huge memory and i don't use many apps or leave them open. There's no way to retrieve them either, they just keep disappearing. I have started saving them to the Memory Card, only solution at present, not good tho! 

Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Sorry but I was not referring to the message validity of text messages. If you follow the instructions I gave you, it should definitely solve this issue. The screenshot below is what you need to look for. My screen may just look big but it's the same menu.

s120611142929.jpg

Goodluck

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

New Contributor
iluvrouter
My Device: BOLD 9900

Hi Ron,

In my BB 9900 (OS 7.1). I could not find the tab "Message Display and Action" under Options Heading.

So, i would be very grateful if yopu can send me the steps for os7.1.

Thnks

New Contributor
JaneH

Hi Ron

Thank you for your reply. I did as you suggested. Then I went back to the 02 shop and saw the GURU, he checked out the phone for me, and he showed me the phone's "Message Display and Actions " and he saw it was already set on "Forever" - Days to keep messages!! He also said that would cure the problem! But still the phone's text messages are disappearing as they reach over 30 days old.  At present, the only solution is to save each text as i send or receive them, then they seem to remain there! If I forget to do it they disappear never to be seen again!!

I've never ever had this happen on any other make of phone!

Thank you for all your advice

Jane

casilas
My Device: Bold 9780

[ Edited ]

Thanks.
This helped me a lot.

It saved me a lot of trouble and emberrasement. 

Mine is a Bold 9780 though. :Punk:

jmy41
My Device: bold 9900

Hi Jane,
Are you still facing this issue? I have the same and haven't found any solution yet to fix it.
chiomzy
My Device: BOLD 9900

Hi, just go to the message icon, not text massages, but the other envelop that stores both calls, emails and txt msgs. Click on the 1 menu 2 options 3 message display and actions 5 days to keep massage. I just ratified mine. I wish u luck

chiomzy

T-Nation

Hi Everyone .

I have been facing the same problem about auto deletion of Text messages.

Despite going through the above comments  and application, still the problem persists.

Any further help from the Cell doctors will be appreciated. :Cowboy:

Good Day.