Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
richardghawley
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

the official OS update doesn't work.

[ Edited ]

No offence but the official OS update doesn't work.

Mines been hanging for at least 30 minutes and if the only way to help is to get suggestions from non-blackberry employees while the support services hide away then the phone may as well go back and I'll, get an iPhone.

It shouldn't be up to the people on this forum to be left to do things themselves.  Blackberry needs to get involved with all the problems and questions their updates are causing.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: the official OS update doesn't work.

BlackBerry (or more specifically RIM, creator of BlackBerry devices) does get involved; they contract the carriers to handle support and warranty work for them.  If the carriers have an issue they can't resolve, it can be escalated to RIM at no cost to the user.  Pretty efficient, if you ask me.

Now let's have a look at your issue.  If your phone hangs a lot once you've installed a new OS, start with a battery pull.  Remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.  Installing a new OS in your phone is basically putting a new brain in it; it's going to take time to get used to it.  Every OS was created by RIM and tested by the carriers.  If there were to be major problems with any of them, they would not be released to the public.

Start with my suggestion and post back if you need further assistance.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.