Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Regular Contributor
duncand
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook
Accepted Solution

time for a new battery?

My BB9900 is about 18 months old. A few days ago after updating a couple of apps (including the application resource manager), the fully charged phone would suddenly reboot itself, get caught in a few cycles and minutes later appear as if the battery was drained. On connecting to a charger the battery status jumps back to its original charge status. Today I reloaded the OS but the problem has recurred. All going swimmingly well and then right in the middle of something (doesn't matter what app), it reboots and 'thinks' the battery is flat. Could it be the battery has died or is it a conflict with one of the apps I have? I'm always careful to ensure I keep the number of apps open at any one time at a minimum. All advice gratefully received
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
habbitzz
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: time for a new battery?

Yes, my friend, it sounds like its about time to get a new battery.

Cheers
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
duncand

Thanks for the advice - I ordered yesterday and will post to let you know the results :-)  

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
duncand

Over 24 hours in with the new battery and no sudden shutdowns.  Interestingly the memory seems to have improved too somehow: Faster performance and no more warnings from the Application Resource Monitor which is interesting.

Please use plain text.