Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: 02

touch screen on my bold 9900 seems to select things randomly on its own

hi, i have had my 9900 for about a year now. for about the last 6 weeks the screen has had a mind of its own. i will on the phone but not touching nothing and all it duz is click on most the icons one after another, its like somebody else is pressing stuff. duz anybody atall know what the problem will be? i thought it may be because i used it in the rain a few week ago but im guessing it would of stopped by now. please help anybody

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: touch screen on my bold 9900 seems to select things randomly on its own

Hello -- actually, the water damage could be the cause, and could also be permanent. But, to know, you must

REMOVE YOUR BB BATTERY NOW!!!

Run, don't walk, to this FAQ:

Do everything it says, including waiting the maximum recommended time. Applying power to your BB between it getting wet and doing this process reduces the chances of success. Further, the only thing predictable about moisture intrusion into a BB (indeed, any electronic device) is that the results will be unpredictable. I've seen some come back up right away and be fine. I've seen others never work at all. I've seen still others run for a bit, and then die later. And every thing in between.

Given how long it's been since the damage, it is quite unlikely that this BB can be saved...but you never can tell until you do it.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kazaka
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: TMN Portugal

Hi there.

I'm having the same problem. My bold 9900 seems to have life.

I haven't drop it on the water or something like that. It just start happening. And when it happens I just can not have control on the device. Either the touch pad doesn't work, on one hand, or the touch screen, on the other hand.

I tried a battery pull, alt+right shift+del and a security wipe. None seemed to solve the problem completely.

One time, when this issue seemed to be fixed, I decided to try playing brick breaker and...the old problem returned worse than ever while playing it.

I'm getting crazy with this. ANY ONE CAN HELP? ANY IDEAS? Can it be a keyboard issue? Or is it a more serious problem?

The OS on my bold 9900 (which was purchased in Canada) is the 7.1 Bundle 2108 (v7.1.0.746, platform 5.1.0.546), originally from Rogers.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks to all members at the forum.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kazaka

Hi there,

Any body can help? I'm getting crazy with this problem.

Many thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello!

I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, see what happens.

If the behavior ceases in Safe Mode, then think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

But, if the behavior continues in Safe Mode, then you would have to consider more drastic actions. Indeed, you've already conducted some of those, so it's completely possible that this is a hardware issue -- for which no amount of internet-distance diagnostics nor self-help recommendations can be of any use. Only an in-person evaluation by a qualified hardware technician can give you a proper evaluation and estimate if it's a hardware problem.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kazaka

Ok! I'm going to try that.

Once I have some conclusions I'll post them.

Many thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.