Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
MMiller44263
My Device: bold 9930

trouble with accepting or recieving call when I make a call out and someone is calling in simutaneously.

This is my 3rd 9930 bold phone from Verizon in the past 6 months. I have the same problem over and over again. Verizon states all the can do is keep replacing it or I pay full price for a totally different phone. When a call is coming in and I am dialing out at the same time, it was show "call failed" on the screen. When I try calling out again or a call comes in after this error, I cannot hear the other person when I answer. Or when I try dialing out, there is no dialing tone. I need to take battery out every time this happens. Unfortunately, I use this cell for business. So how professional am I when I have to take the battery out, wait 5 minutes for the phone to reboot and have to explain to my clients that its my phone. This happened to me 8 times yesterday due to the fact that it was a heavy call day. What chaps my hide is that Verizon Wireless says, we can replace the phone AGAIN (4th time) or I would have to pay full price for another phone. I want to have a business where I can tell my clients, if they dont like our service, they still have to pay us and there is really nothing we could do about their concern but put a band-aid on the situation. I have read to downgrade my operating system. Will this correct this problem??? I really dont want to get rid of this phone, but I may have no other choice.

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: trouble with accepting or recieving call when I make a call out and someone is calling in simutaneously.

Downgrade your OS?  Heck, how about just reinstalling the one you're using.  Don't ask me why, but many problems have been solved by just sticking the same ol' OS back in to your phone.  I guess it gives your phone a little wake-up call or something.

If you want to give it a try, plug your phone in to your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Click Device at the top of the software then Update.  If you're offered a newer OS version and you wish to try it, go for it.  If you're told your phone is already up to date or you don't wish to accept a newer version, click View Other Versions and select the one with Currently Installed beside it.

Give it a try and report back with your results.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
MMiller44263

Re: trouble with accepting or recieving call when I make a call out and someone is calling in simutaneously.

Thanks for the reply. I did checks for updates and there were not any available. This has happened to all 3 9930s Ive had. I will look again. Thanks BillJ

New Contributor
MMiller44263

Thanks for your help, but I still have the same problem. Downloaded new version 7.1. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Any other suggestions? I'm sticking with my original suggestion of reloading your current OS. You didn't specify if you did that or not. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
MMiller44263

Hi! Sorry that I wasnt clear. I Backed up my phone on the blackberry desktop, then Verizon did a factory reset. Still the same problem. Verizon tech support called in, I called out simultaineously and the error "call failed" popped up on the screen. Both calls failed. I tried calling out again, no ring tone, but the screen showed I was connected to the call. No audio. then Verizon tried calling me back, the phone rang, when I picked up, no audio. So I had to take the battery out and restart the phone.

New Contributor
sgtguns
My Device: Bold 9930

My 9930 has the same errors with Sprint and now since I upgraded the software the error has changed the name but continues to be the same. I am on the phone with BB support and hopefully this will be put to rest. Believe me I feel your pain!!
Contributor
papped
My Device: Bold 9900

If it happens across 3 phones it's a software issue and not a hardware issue (meaning swapping out the phones is doing nothing).

Also you don't have to use VZ released OS updates only.

New Contributor
sgtguns
My Device: Bold 9930

Its a software issue for sure!! Since I updated the type of error is the same just the words on the screen have changed