Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

rickwaugh
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: digicel

trying to identify what the problem is with my BOLD 9000

okay so i recently just got back my phone ( BOLD 9000) from my cousin  and he was using it for some while now until he got a new phone , after i received it from him , i bought a universal charger and put the battery to charge , it has been almost 12 hours now , i placed the battery in the phone and the LED indicator light (red light )  blinks 3/4 times in like  5 second intervals , and the phone will not boot up , i really need this phone to work . Please can anyone help?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: trying to identify what the problem is with my BOLD 9000

Hi rickwaugh,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.
Can you tell me if any changes were made to the BlackBerry smartphone before this happened? Was it security wiped when it was returned to you or were any error messages received?
If not, I suggest first trying to charge the battery using another charging cable or charging source to see if that resolves the issue? If that doesn't help, are you able to try testing with another battery to see if you are able to start the BlackBerry smartphone?

I look forward to your response.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.