Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: bold
My Carrier: orange
Accepted Solution

uncaught exception:application net-_rim_bb_twitter (320) is not responding: process terminated

keep getting this message when I try to use twitter, app opens but only to freeze.

Just recently updated my bb software and  the phone has been faulty ever since, lots of apps refuse to open and just freeze.

Can anyone please help me to get this sorted?

Thank you

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: LIME

Re: uncaught exception:application net-_rim_bb_twitter (320) is not responding: process terminated

I have a Curve but I'm getting the same error when I try to edit or add a new contact. The phone freezes and I have to turn it off and on again. It started happening after I downloaded the last Facebook upgrade. Did you upgrade your FB?

New Contributor

Re: uncaught exception:application net-_rim_bb_twitter (320) is not responding: process terminated

nerostjames wrote:

keep getting this message when I try to use twitter, app opens but only to freeze.

Just recently updated my bb software and  the phone has been faulty ever since, lots of apps refuse to open and just freeze.

Can anyone please help me to get this sorted?

Thank you

my facebook app works fine, i recently did the bb software update and my bold phone hasn't worked correctly since.

The problem seems to be with twitter, i've uninstalled it and re-loaded it but i continue to get the error message.... it is very frustrating...will think twice the next time I'm notified of an update

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: LIME

I've found the culprit for my issue was BB Messenger. After removing it, I am not getting that error anymore and I can edit and add contacts. You might want to try that.

New Contributor

I downgraded my os back to the original setting. Now everything is working ok..... Motto to this story.... If it isn't broke , then don't fix it!!!.....lesson learnt
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

Unfortunately for me I didn't upgrade my OS but I'm still getting these errors for both Twitter and Facebook apps after applying the new versions of both from the App World. Last time I'll upgrade when prompted by RIM.
New Contributor

Maybe the twitter and facebook apps relate to the new bb os. Maybe if you update your os they might work. If this doesn't work you just need to downgrade back to your original os. I know how infuriating it can be when basic apps play up and don't work.
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

[ Edited ]

In my fiddling about with the problem I reinstalled BBM and both Twitter and Facebook began working again. It must be something to do with the integration of social apps with BBM.

Thanks for your help, btw.

Myles

My Device: 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

Ditto for me on my 9650. After upgrading Twitter from version 2 to version 3, twitter was frozen upon start. Would need to power cycle to regain any control and would see an uncaught exception or a process terminated.

Updating BBM was the solution for me, from version 5 to version 6. 

So there is an undocumented/unchecked dependency for Twitter 3 to work only with Messenger 6