Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
andii88
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

universal search not searching contacts

Had my 9780 for about a month,with OS 6 v6.0.0.285.

At first i could just type in a name from the home screen and it searched contacts, press green call button and dial.

Now it searches everything except contacts -i have to go into contacts first to call someone.

Not sure if i have disabled this during the first month learning curve or if this is a problem other people are having.

thanks in advance for any help !

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: universal search not searching contacts

Try pulling the battery and and reinserting.

That being said, you can also press the green phone button, then just type the name of who you want to call. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
andii88

Hi,  thanks for your help.

I have tried the remove battery reboot option but this has not helped.

However, your second advice works a treat and makes it easy for me to call contacts again.

Many thanks!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Try this: Go to Options. Type "search" in the search bar. You should get the search options that allows you to select what is searched when you use universal search.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
andii88

Thats sorted it   --- many thanks !  I must have unchecked this when fiddling with something !

Again,  thanks !

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ciko
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: telkomsel

nite all

OOT

please help me

i use 9360 os 7.1

why i cannot use search contact at my blackberry messenger?

thank all

>===One 4 All All 4 One===
Please use plain text.
mwitemyre
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: verizon

Thank you, finally someone gave some actual information beyond "try pullilng the battery."  Thank you for actually answering a question directly, it was ridiculously difficult to find the answer to this problem.  Now, if only I knew why the Universal Search stopped searching Contacts in the first place...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vbfbb
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: 2024134453

searching name AND company

other blackberries search three fields: first name, last name and company.  If you know first name and company, the contact pops up. My new Q10 seems to be set up so you search first name and last name OR company.  If you type in first name and company you get "no results"  Is there a setting to change this??

Please use plain text.