Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
bwardwell
My Device: 9900

unlocked but no email

I have a 9900 Bold that worked perfectly until I unlocked it.  I moved overseas and stopped the AT&T plan, then unlocked the phone, inserted the new SIM card from the local carrier (Azercell) according to directions I found and internet works fine.  But I cannot receive emails. I used BB Device Analyzer/Internet Mail Acct Issues and find "BIS Connection Test - Failed" for all 4 of my email accts.  SIM card indicates security disabled (not sure if it should still be disabled) and phone number "unknown", although the ID is entered.  Ive tried enabling and disabling the mobile network which does nothing to improve it.  I have no trouble with the wi-fi connections.  Can anyone tell me the next steps to resolving this? 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: unlocked but no email

Can you check with Azercell to see if they have attached the correct blackberry dataplan?  You may have to take it to a store so thay can figure it out.  I'm hoping AT&T did everything they had to do as well.  I recommend checking with the carrier first.

My Device: 9900

Thank you for the prompt response.  Do you have any additional information about what specifically AT&T was required to do?  Is there something I should ask them about or check my phone?  I called from overseas and cancelled my plan with them 24 hrs ago.  Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

I'm not sure if it takes some time for BIS to completely clear from AT&T since it was registered on their network.  You can check with them to verify this.  I know you're using a differen't sim, but something BIS related could still be lingering on the AT&T side of things.  This is my best guess though.