Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
lewishalket
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: o2

updating OTA to 7.1

Hi, I'm looking for a bit help trying to update my Bold 9900 to 7.1 over the air. I can see the update when I go to check for a software upfate and it has &quot;Perform Update&quot; in italic on the update, but when I try to select it or click it in any way nothing happens, I can customise it but I can't actually perform the update.<br>I'm connected to my broadband through the wi-fi.<br><br>Does anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong.<br><br>PS - the reason I'm not updating through a PC is because it keeps crashing through backup, I don't have my cable here right now either.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Q10 / Playbook

Re: updating OTA to 7.1

I'm not a big fan of OTA device software updates.  I don't think you're doing anything wrong, but I recommend that you wait until you can get the cable.  If the OTA update gets stuck or messes up during the reboot, you won't have a way of reloading the software without the cable.

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: o2

Ye I agree, it wasn't my first choice, but as it has crashed the 15+ times I've tried since this update was released, I've given up with this method, hence why I was wanting to try the OTA method.
I just don't understand why it does literally nothing when trying to select the update on the handset.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Q10 / Playbook

Not sure whats causing the crash, but this is the guide I use when updating the software

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

or

download and install the software for your phone from
http://us.blackberry.com/support/apps-and-software/desktop-and-device-download-sites.html
Download and install bbsak.  Here is the link and guide:
http://bbsak.org/faq.php

Get that cable!