12-21-2012 03:57 PM
i have updated the version but then it went onto backing up the phone and it froze on the social feeds, i have removed the battery and restarting the phone and have tried everything i can think of, could i have some solutions please, asap
12-21-2012 04:25 PM
If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.
If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!
12-21-2012 04:55 PM
12-21-2012 07:06 PM
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
2. It doesn't hurt to try to do a manual backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. You can get BlackBerry Desktop Software here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
3. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:
On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
5. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup, if you can) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to next step.
6. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
7. Restore your backup, if available.
12-21-2012 09:52 PM
I used your advice below from a previous thread and gave it one last shot and got it work!
12-21-2012 10:21 PM