Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: v6... HATE IT :(... i wanna downgrade back to v5!!!

DarylS wrote:

At first I didn't like anything about it but the browser but I did get used to it. 

It is really a matter of openmindedness my friends.  

The first day on 6 I too wanted to ditch it for 5 but now after a few months I really am glad I stayed with it.

And that is pretty much summed up in another old adage in the industry:

• The "best" device for anyone is the one they are the most used to

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
DarylS
My Device: 9650

@sdgardne

So true......... before changing OS one needs to "want" and be willing to learn a new OS.  There may be some things similar but still it is a "new" OS and almost everything is going to work at least a little differently.  The 9650 should have been designed to work with OS 6 but from the experience if it was it sure was done poorly.  Yes the Ram is enough and the processor is enough but the hardware is the buggiest I have found from BB thus far and adding to that a very picky OS and it can be quite a mess.

This is NOT just some minor changes to OS 5 people!!  (I don't think folks understand that at all)

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
diffused
My Device: Z10

I hear a riddle coming on...

Q. How many Blackberrians does it take to change an Os?

A. Only one, but the blackberry has to 'WANT' the change.

I'm certainly glad to be able to learn from others experiences here. I don't think at this point I will want 6.0. It sounds more cutesy than practical.
~diffused
Z10, OS - 10.1.0.2151
Verizon
Please use plain text.
Visitor
surajnaircpgc
My Device: BLACKBERRY BOLD 9700

hello dear, I just got a v6 for my blackberry 9700 bold . I was thinking to install it but after reading ur message, i was kinda held  back... is it that bad?? why do u want to downgrade back to v5??

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ladyann
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9650

[ Edited ]
sdgardne

sdgardne

I swear I followed your instructions to the tee but still have V6 so will try it again all over tomorrow. This new update is the pits,I am getting sooooo frustrated with it already and have only had it a little over 24 hrs. I printed your post out and will follow it again tomorrow if I can't go to a retail store and have them downgrade me. Thanks for the help.

Helen

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ladyann

It's not "cutesy" it's "fartsy"!!:womanmad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ladyann

My problem is I HATE the screen display!!! I want my little icons at the bottom like V5 had not the huge icons covering the bottom third of my screen and the other grey screen at the top effectively giving me only about 1/2" of background showing! If I could change that I might be happier with V6.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BrookeC
My Device: Bold 9650

I hate read this whole post in it's entirety, and followed your instruction completely, but I do not have a loader.exe file anywhere on my computer after downloading the OS 5 from the Verizon website. Help!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BrookeC
My Device: Bold 9650

Just kidding..found it . I feel like a dumb@** now! Thanks for the detailed instructions!  On my way back to OS 5..I'm just not patient enough to let myself get used to OS 6 I guess!

Please use plain text.