Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Regular Contributor
aming63
My Device: Blackberry Bold
Accepted Solution

voice dialing feature???

Good Day to all!!:smileyhappy:

When I try to adapt digits on my voice dialing feature, I receive this message "Unable to allocate memory, Close other applications and try again!"  I also receive the same message when I try to use this feature???.  I love this phone...but does anyone know what that means????

Contributor
Lakatak
My Device: Bold

Re: voice dialing feature???

It's possible you need more memory (micro sd) - there may not be enough available internal memory on the actual device.
Kudos?
Solved?
Regular Contributor
aming63

I do have a micro sd card too...with nothing on it (enough space).
Contributor
Lakatak
My Device: Bold

Have you cycled power on your device since you've had this problem?
Kudos?
Solved?
New Contributor
tcarraway
My Device: Not Specified

I've received the same message on several different applications and have had to restart the phone. what gives?
Regular Contributor
aming63

Good Evening to all!!

I called AT&T and after about 20 minutes...they suggested that I remove the battery for about 15 seconds and then place it back in and see what happens.  It worked!  Voice software is working, but the voice dialing is not???  Is that a feature that you have to pay for? 

kgambino
My Device: Not Specified

I had the same problem when I got my Bold. I was using the back button to exit programs. Then I discovered I needed to use th menu to close or exit and the problem was solved. Hope this helps you.
Visitor
JuLePe
My Device: BlackBerry 9000

I'm a foreigner and my address book has many foreign names.Plus, I have an accent.

My need is very simple: I don't want my BlackBerry (BB) to guess the pronunciation of a foreign name -- it would never get it right (it doesn't even recognize my own name, Julio). I want to tell BB how to pronounce each contact, training the device one contact at a time.

I know it's a very simple need because I had a cheap 2000 model cell phone (I don't even remember the make) that had that feature -- and it was very useful to me. When driving my car, I'd tell my cheap old phone to call my friend "Martín" (accent on "i", Spanish pronunciation) and it would actually call Martín and not Martin (a different friend, stress on "a", English pronunciation). It worked perfectly, ALL the time. When I try dialing a foreign friend with my BB, it always dials somebody else -- which is very embarrassing.

Is it possible to train BB to pronounce foreign names correctly? If not, why not? How come it cannot do what many cheap old phones were able to do?

Thanks!!!

ReallyLoud
My Device: 9550 Storm 2

JuLePe,

I have an identical problem with my BB Storm 2 and have not found a way to improve its voice recognition.  The BB's HELP recommends I use the "Adapt Voice" (similar to the "Adapt Digits").  However, my Storm 2 does NOT have this feature!

I'm  therefore stuck with intentionally mispronouncing my contact names, multiple times, to get the antiquated speech recognition software to recognize me.  For such a high quality product, it is totally useless for hands-free, voice dialing!

If you've learned how to improve the voice recognition on your BB, please post.

Thanks.

New Contributor
nard_uses_a_storm
My Device: blackberry storm 9530

I have a blackberry storm and i am currently having a problem i would really like some help... i am trying to use my voice dialing feature but i dont know why its not working for example when i say call home it starts the call then it fails and even wen i go to my contacts i click the call button to call home it fails only when i dial the number out in the phone section the calls goes through can you explain that?