Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
mashamoto
My Device: Not Specified

volume button wont work

I just got my second blackberry boid 9000 this week. My first one stopped recognising the sim card The replacement one won't let me change the volume either when in a call watching a video playing music etc Is their any way to check the phone for errors or manually activate the volume buttons on the side of the phone ? Thanks in adcance
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: volume button wont work

You should change your device asap! This is a hardware issue and you would be better of by changing th device.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
mashamoto

I was hoping this wouldn't be the case I use the handset for business (on average I receive around 300 emails per day I can't really fault the phone for that. But it is getting frustrating now
Ve found a way to do it through the optionss menu but its not ideal I'm gonna try reseting the phone first but if that doesn't work I think ill call it a day with blackberries as between these little niggley things and the poor service I'm receiving from vodafone uk I'm just getting a bit sick

Thanks for your reply
New Contributor
mashamoto

Problem solved Did a check down to build quality If you squeeze the top right of the phone with one hand and press the volume button with the other it works Solution is to tighten the screws on the right hand side with a torx screwdrivr and voila problem solved
Contributor
tpalm42
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: telus

i am having the same problem. i will try tightning the screws after school hope it works