Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: 9790 bold
My Carrier: vodacom

water damaged bold

My bold fell into water. I took it out immediately and dried it. I placed it in a bowl of rice for 24 hours. The phone works fine speakers  screen buttons all work perfectly.  The only issue I have is with the touch screen and the track pad. How would I go bout fixing this. Can the digitiser be replaces or do I have to replace the lcd screen as well with the track pad . I need help asap

New Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9900
My Carrier: TESCO

Re: water damaged bold

It will be best if you go and see someone to fix this you may need to have the phone replaced or fixed in your case. hope it works out well!!!!!
Solutions: 6,233
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Any phone wet as you describe needs far more than 24 hours in a bowl of rice.

Leave it there, battery out, without checking for 4-5 days. Anything less, don't expect it to work as you expect.

>> Learn more about the Priv by BlackBerry

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS; PlayBook w/OS
My Carrier: AT&T

If you're good with tools and fixing things you may be able to replace parts. Just google Bold 9790 disassembly. There are almost always videos out there that will show you exactly how to do it.
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!