Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
MartinCollins401
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: 3 UK

when my BlackBerry Bold 9900 re-activates in the morning, wifi activates, without me operating wifi,

In the last few days, I've noticed, the wi fi symbol shows on the screen, when I've entered my pin number! Even though I don't use wi fi services! Is there a app, that I've downloaded, activating this function! Is so, how may I check which app, maybe doing this to my BlackBerry 9900.
Please help resolve this issue!
I'm still getting issues, with my BlackBerry 9900, freezing screen operations, and also, when the operation frEezes, if the device sticks, when I jump out of that screen, the BlackBerry 9900 fails to re-enter, that particular function, until I perform either, a soft or hard restart! Please advise me, what maybe the conflict issues!
Someone please help!
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: when my BlackBerry Bold 9900 re-activates in the morning, wifi activates, without me operating wifi,

Hey MartinCollins401,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

To clarify this issue, is the Wi-Fi® option enabled in Manage Connections? If yes, if you disable this option does it re-enable on its own?

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MartinCollins401
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: 3 UK

Re: when my BlackBerry Bold 9900 re-activates in the morning, wifi activates, without me operating wifi,

Hi hatchback,
Since I posted the post, regarding my WI-Fi operating, on the activation, of my Bold 9900. The problem doesn't occur! I have deleted a weather app, from my appsworld, & they phone now activated, in a morning, without attempting to use WI-Fi!. So I can only come to the conclusion, that this app, was attempting to use my Bold 9900 (maliciously, or not), without my consent.
I thank you, for your advice.
Yours Sincerely
Martin Collins
P.S. Please accept my apologies, for any mistakes, that maybe within, this correspondence!
Please use plain text.