Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
blakrsm
My Device: 9900

where can i find my contacts in computer after sync ? tx

hi.

i did sync my contacts with bb desktop software end everything was ok but i can't find them in the computer after sync. some VCF files or something...

can sombebody please help me.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: where can i find my contacts in computer after sync ? tx

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If you truly did, as you say, sync, then they are in you computer-based PIM app -- Outlook or something similar. To get it to sync, you would have had to configure it to sync with your desktop PIM, and that now is where your data is.

On the other hand, if you did not mean to say "sync" and instead meant to say "backup", then your data is safely stored in a proprietary formatted file with either IPD or BBB extension (depending on the version of the Desktop Software you used), and that file is located in the folder that you instructed it to be placed in when you performed the backup (on PC it's usually MyDocuments, but you can change it). Note that this backup file is intended solely as the source of restore to a BB device...natively, there is no other function for the file.

Then again, if what you did was an export to CSV to your computer, then that CSV file would also be wherever you instructed it to be when you conducted the export.

So, please clarify exactly what you really did, and then we might be able to give you some more detailed guidance.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
blakrsm
My Device: 9900

thanck you. yes i did syncrinized but i can't find the folder with the saved contacts... for example if i sync pictures i can find them in My Pictures\BlackBerry\BlackBerry Bold 9000.... videos in My Videos >>> etc but the contacts where?? that's what i'm looking for.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

The contacts will be within whatever PIM (e.g., Outlook) that you configured for synchronization. They will not be in any separate folder as with pictures and videos...rather, when you configured synchronization, you would have chosen a desktop PIM (e.g., Outlook) with which calendar and contacts would be synchronized. So it is there, in that PIM, that you need to be looking for this data.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mikemekus
My Device: Bold 9000

You can check it on your documents
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

mikemekus wrote:
You can check it on your documents

Hello...thanks for the attempt, but your reply will mis-lead the OP (and anyone else who reads this thread). The OPs need was explicit...for the location of Contact items on their PC, after a SYNCHRONIZATION. The only way that what you now propose could be correct would be if the OP did a BACKUP...but, if you scroll up and re-read the thread, you will see that I explicitly asked the OP that question, and they are firm in that they did a synchronization, not a backup. Hence, your reply is incorrect for the circumstances.

Thanks.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.