Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
JessicaB
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000

where is the customer service?

I have been trying to get answers to questions/concerns.  I have sent a careful, honest email message to help@blackberry.com, and all I get back is a form response.  I resent the message and asked for a more thoughtful reply - form letter again.

Why is there not someone to address this?  I do not need help with my terrible device, nor do I have a playbook, application or software issue, or need a forum to discuss it.  I want to know why I should buy a Z10 or Q10.  Apple will talk to me!   I want a response to the following:

Dear Blackberry (formerly R.I.M.),

I am currently deciding which device to buy (Android, Blackberry, IPhone)
and would like to take this opportunity to ask you for your comments.

I have owned a Bold 9000 series for many years, since it first came out,
and have been nothing short of disappointed.  The product has been replaced
once and neither worked well.  Both devices become too hot to hold after 30
seconds, resulting in dropped calls and a white screen, the battery life
has never been longer than a few hours while the device is unused, and I
regularly have to take out the battery to restart the entire system.

I have not been able to rely on my device for the time I have owned it.  This
has led to issues with my employers and in my personal life.  I have not
replaced the device because it was expensive and I had to wait out the
latest 3-year contract.  Now, the time has come to decide and I would like
to know from you: Should I buy your product?  What can you offer me that
will be better than the rest?

I am impressed by the encryption of data that you offer, but the lack of
reliable mapping is a negative.  Google Maps is available on other devices,
as well as a number of other applications I would prefer.  IPhone’s virtual
keyboard lets the letters pop out as one types, which is much more
user-friendly than the ones like yours that require the user to look up at
the screen bar to see if the letter is incorrect.  I know that Blackberry
10 learns to forecast words for the user, but this is not something I would
like; any auto-typing program will cause more problems than it fixes, in my
view.

Having owned an unreliable Blackberry product, I am very wary of buying
another.  However, I am contacting you with the hope that a thoughtful,
considerate response may address my concerns directly.

Regards...

I am at the point of buying an IPhone just because I cannot get a real response.  If anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

JessicaB

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: where is the customer service?

Having used the 9000, and iPhone and the Z10, I can tell you that with the z10, you'll get the best of both worlds.

The keyboard on the Z10 will has put the iPhone keyboard to shame. If you haven't used this keyboard, I'd encourage you to drop by a local store and play with it. You don't need to glance up and down to get it right.

It's funny, because several of my friends have iPhones, and two of them have disclaimers on their iPhone sent emails which states "Pardon my typing and spelling errors, I'm sending this email from my iPhone".

I've never seen a BlackBerry user embarrased by his BlackBerry typing skills.

Give it a run. Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
pkcable
My Device: Z30/Xperia Z Ultra

[ Edited ]

Sounds to me like you have already made up your mind!   Not everyone is suited to a BlackBerry, and perhaps you are one of those folks.   HOWEVER, there is much to like about the new Z10.  The keyboard in my expeience was nothing short of amazing.  VERY well suited to one hand use, and to typing without looking.  It DOES have a small learning curve but once you learn it, it's a true masterpiece and it learns.   No other phone no other platform handles multitasking apps as well as BlackBerry and the Z10 either.  Yes yes, some apps are missing, but the stuff I need is there or their are substitutes or you can use the rather fantasitic browser.

But again the Z10 is not for all.  The iphone is also a great device and there are some great Android phones out there too.  I have a Droid RARZ Maxx also.   I think you would be well advised to go to the carrier store and get some hands on time with a Z10, an iphone and maybe an SG3, and decide among those.  :smileyhappy:  (Note there is an SG4 and HTC One coming soon for Android)

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JessicaB

I haven't made up my mind yet, far from it.  If I had, I would not be posting here.  I am, however, extremely frustrated. 

Your response is helpful.  What do you think of the mapping on Z10?  Any experience with Q10?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

JessicaB wrote:

What do you think of the mapping on Z10?  Any experience with Q10?.

BlackBerryMaps on the Z10 is a totally different animal than on the OS7 and earlier devices.

The new BB10 Maps offers voice turn by turn navigation. It's quick and very responsive.

In the past I use mostly Google Maps and TeleNav maps for navigation.

BBMaps rivals both of those now.

I have sideloaded Google Maps additionally, but am using it much less than before.

The Q10 is not out yet for public use, I don't have any experience with it. Just this week some developers have begun to receive their developer testing devices of the Q10 variant.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
pkcable

JessicaB wrote:

I haven't made up my mind yet, far from it.  If I had, I would not be posting here.  I am, however, extremely frustrated. 

Your response is helpful.  What do you think of the mapping on Z10?  Any experience with Q10?

Thanks.

Mapping is good, turn by turn is excellent, but some of the more advanced stuff like points of interest is missing, BUT will probably come with updates.   It's much better than what you were used to on the 9000, but not quite up to Android level, or Win8 phone level.  I'm not a big fan of Apple maps either, BUT they are in the good range too.  Android with google maps is the best and surprisingly Nokia maps on Win8 is excellent too.

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

I have never been more impressed with a smartphone than I have been with my new Z10.  Granted, it takes some time to get fully accustomed to it but once you do....you're in for a sweet ride.

Browsing on it cannot be compared to any other smartphone.  It's the quickest browser around and if you're in a city that offers LTE (which the Z10 supports), hold on to your hat!

As for texting, the Z10 offers the best touchscreen currently on the market.  This is one feature that will take a few days to get used to but once you do, you'll be typing entire paragraphs with upward swipes and nothing more.

As for stability, this phone is stable!  Let's face it, BlackBerry phones have always been good phones but having the little spinning clock is something we've all seen.  I haven't seen any spinning clocks with my new Z10.

And the best news?  Since you're a Rogers customer, you can pick up a new Z10 and try it out for a few days.  If it's really not the phone for you after a few days, Rogers will let you return it in exchange for another model (I think it's 7 days that Rogers offers but check first).

I mean it when I say it really is the phone you should be looking at as your next phone.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JessicaB

When I visited a Rogers store last month, this was not offered.  I suppose I would have to ask directly for it, and I will.

Thank you!

Is it just me?  My Bold was terrbily disappointing, and it has been so bad, so undependable that I am nervous about trusting Blackberry again.  Did anyone else have a bad time with the Bold?

Please use plain text.
JSanders

You have to buy the device first. Then you have a limited number of days for a no-questions asked return.

JessicaB wrote:

Is it just me?  My Bold was terrbily disappointing, and it has been so bad, so undependable that I am nervous about trusting Blackberry again.  Did anyone else have a bad time with the Bold?

Sure other people had a bad experience with a Bold (there are 4+ Bold models).

There are hundreds of thousands (millions?) who great experiences with their Bold, and I see everyday posts from users returning an iPhone to go back top a Bold model. And vice versa. Tastes and opinions...

Try out the Z10. It is incomparable.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
pkcable

I have had 3 Bold models 9650, 9930 and now a 9780 and all have been excellent. Although the 9930 did crash on me once and I had to reload the OS. Fortunately I knew what to do and I do regular backups via Desktop Managers (called BlackBerry Link on BB10). Sure there were the occasional odd time the devices would have issues and I would have to reboot, but it wasn't too bad, especially with the 9930 and the 9780, except for that 1 time I mentioned.

BB10 in my experience has been rock solid, and I was using it on pre release hardware. The device you get is even better with more memory.
Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

Please use plain text.