Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Timotheus12
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: HEMA

which blackberry bold has a FM-Radio on board?

Simple question: which version(s) of the blackberry bold has (have) a FM-Radio on board? One would expect to find the answer on the Blackberry site, but I haven't been able to find it.

Elsewhere I find very confusing answers: some say the 9780 has, others say it doesn't have; some say the 9790 has, others don't specify.

Any help is much appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Q10 / Playbook

Re: which blackberry bold has a FM-Radio on board?

Tricky one.  i'd say any device that could run 7.1 could get this feature.

http://us.blackberry.com/developers/blackberry7/

The curves will make use out of it.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-os-71-brings-fm-radio-blackberry-curve-9360-and-9380

I think its only a matter of time.

My Device: 9790
My Carrier: HEMA

Thanks for the quick and useful answer! But … I still don't get the point exactly.

What I want, is to use a Blackberry as a FM radio without an internet connection.

Is this a question of having the right hardware or of having the right software? Or both?

In other words: is this a question of having the right (recent) Blackberry or of the right (recent) version of the operating system of the Blackberry? Or is it the combination that matters: the right device with the right system? Is it possibile to use as such (for instance) the 8520, or does one need at least the 9360, or the 9700, or …, in combination with OS 6, or 7, or 7.1.?

One would expect to find clearcut answers to similar clearcut questions at least on the official Blackboard site. But I haven't been able to find them.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Q10 / Playbook

I think you will need the right hardware and software to accomplish this without using a data connection. I think that any 7.1 compatible device will have this feature because of the hardware, but not sure exactly how it works. It could be tied into the NFC antenna too, thats my best guess.
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790
My Carrier: Vodacom

Is there some way to get the FM Radio (not streaming radios) that are on the Curve models on my BB Bold 9790?

Please use plain text.