Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
lizziegeegee
My Device: bold 9780

white screen

Hi can anyone help? the screen on my blackberry bold 9780 just gone white, thought this might be a software problem i thought i would remove it and reinstall....However when i get to the part which asks me if i would like to delete the OS it wont let me check the box so i am unable to go any further..can anyone help?

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: white screen

Try this:
force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader
http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10144

My Device: bold 9780

Hi thanks for the reply and the link ....

Have updated the device as i had the latest vesion i downgraded it completed this but still white screen....I then thought i would update it again and returned to the current os......However although it tells me all was successful i still have the white screen:smileysad:

Any help would be great

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Sounds like a hardware issue. You have to take it to an authorized repair store or service provider.