Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: o2

whitish screen appears when trying to turn on phone. water/humidity damaged?

Hi,

I dropped my phone in water a few weeks ago and had an o2 guru install all new software for me and it was working great. then i went clubbing last weekend and the phone was working all night, once out of the club i got it out and the screen was whiteish in colour and slightly liney, kinda like the screen had packed up.

since then i have stuck the phone in rice and in my airing cupboard hoping it was just the bad humidity in the club and that i could dry it out. however it is still showing this weird whitish pinky screen when i put the battery back in.

i did a google search and found a bunch of discussions about white screens but im not sure mine is the same as others as its not just a pure white screen, it looks damaged.

i am watching a bunch of bb's on ebay but naturally would rather be able to fix my phone! can anyone suggest if it is fixable and if so perhaps guide me to fixing it. i am a technophobe so would rather take it back to the o2 guru for help but i cant take any time off work so its a case of fix it myself or buy a replacement off ebay. i have another year on my contract and no insurance.

thanks in advance for any help!!!!!!

Anna