Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9930
My Carrier: grameenphone

why 9930 uses data plan when i use wifi?

i have an unlocked bold9930 which was from verizon wireless. now i m in Bangladesh and using the mobile. every time i use wifi i need to turn on my data service. but from my curve9360 i don need to turn on data service when i m in wifi.

on the top of my screen where there is the operator name there it's written ACTIVATION REQUIRED

what can i do to get rid of these problems

pls help me thanks

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: why 9930 uses data plan when i use wifi?

Even when you turn on data service while being Wi-Fi network all of your data traffic will be passed on through Wi-Fi. If you have BlackBerry data plan you'll see a BB logo beside the wi-fi signal icon. I also do the same while I'm on roaming.

ACTIVATION REQUIRED is being displayed as 9930 is a GSM/CDMA device (your one is primarily Verizon device) and probably you've inserted a GSM SIM card on to it. Hence, It will keep on displaying the message.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9930

when i m in wifi, i had to turn on the data service otherwise i cant access the web or apps like twitter ,fb, whatsapp etc.... the moment i turn on the data service its perfect- but all my credit ends. i am not into any BB data plan what can i do to stop my money getting end??? is there any way to remove the ACTIVATION REQUIRED letters?? thanks
My Device: blackberry bold 9930
My Carrier: smart

Hi tanzim. I also use a second hand bb9930 but i cant use 3g internet. Please help me. Is it because there is an active data plan on my unit?how will i know if there is?