Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
speedyrules
My Device: BB Bold 9900

Re: word replacement in my bb9900

ok.. sorry.. you are right .. the naming/translations just don't really match in german ..

which particular chapter would you consider?

i tried:

-Change or delete a Word Substitution entry

-Change your typing style

but after a reboot that replacement is back and active

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2072), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

speedyrules wrote:

-Change or delete a Word Substitution entry

From what you've described, this would be the correct section. I cannot, however, replicate what you report. Here is what I did:

• Homescreen > Options > Typing and Language > Word Substitution > highlight the first entry > Logo_Blue.gif > Edit > edit the first entry (to something other than what it was -- in my case, the entry for "acn" was to auto-substitute to "can", and I altered it so that it would be to "cannot") > Logo_Blue.gif > Save > back out to Homescreen > Batt Pull Reboot

When I returned into the same place, that entry remained changed as I had done. I then deleted the entry and did another Bat Pull reboot, and afterwards the entry remained deleted.

So, I cannot replicate what you are reporting. Can you confirm if you perform the exact same steps, and the results you have? (Note that in my Word Substitution list, there is no entry for just the single letter "e".)

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
speedyrules

hi,

i think i might have found the "problem"..

following your steps, it works... and it stays deleted ..

i remember now that the word replacement was undeleted after a reboot.. not a bat pull .. meaning:

when some apps got updated, installed or uninstalled .. and the device asked for a reboot

.. after the reboot it was here again ..

can't find an app that needs a reboot right now...

but it works for now .. will repost after such a reboot what happened

Contributor
speedyrules

so.. lucky me 3 updates on apps came just today out ..

after updateing the apps the os asked to reboot.. so i did .. and back is the word replacement i want to get rid off on my list again :smileysad:

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2072), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

I have some recollection (vague, but nonetheless) of indeed some updates not properly backing up and restoring that particular database, and it thereby reverting back to "factory condition" after the update. I cannot recall any details beyond that, but I do recall it having been discussed by others. I do think it had to do with core OS updates rather than add-on apps, but I cannot be very sure of the specifics.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
JSanders
Solutions: 6,027
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Yes, when I upgrade my OS, or simply reload the current release, the Word Replacement is not restored.

And the default database is installed.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
speedyrules

so this would be an official bug to BB? ..

how do i place that one?