If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
npatel13
My Device: Not Specified

yahoo and msn live messenger

hi there,

I am new to the forum and i am getting this error on my blackberry bold....its unlocked version from vodafone and i am using it on ATT in usa.

When i try to sign on in yahoo or msn it gives me this error....

"SERVICE NOT ENABLED FOR THIS HANDHELD"

any help woould be greatly appreciated.

the firmware version on BOLD is v4.6.0.126 and

yahoo msngr version is 2.1.33 

msn version is 2.1.36

thank you in advance for any help you can give or suggestions

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Cowboydom

Re: yahoo and msn live messenger

I had a similar problem a year or so ago, it had nothing to do with my device, and everything to do with my carrier blocking its use ! I'd check with ATT and ask them if you should be able to use it.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
npatel13

Will try and do that mean time appreciate your response and any other help or suggestions welcomed.

thank you

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hechan38

Hi I am new as well, just got my blackberry bold 2 days ago from M1 Singapore but same thing happened to me, the Yahoo Massenger, MSN and Google Talk does not worked. The icon is in the Download folder but after clicking the icon I was taken to agreement portion and after stating accept I was taken back to the top again which is the agreement portion again. Same as MSN and Google Talk.

Tried even upgrading the firmware to the latest .147 version and the same thing still happened stating Yahoo Massenger does not support my version of device that makes me wonder ???:smileymad:

Can anyone out there help me as to what to do to solve this problem and that I heard that provider do play a role here as they block us from using YM and so on unless we pay for it, is it true ?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aayhaayoui

Re: Re: yahoo and msn live messenger

[ Edited ]

Hi same thing happem to my bold but only with yahoo my google tlk and msn is working. If u find any ans just let me know

EDIT: removed presonal information

Message Edited by Andy on 09-27-2008 08:03 AM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Quberry

I am in the same boat, and wrote to M1 after the on phone help was useless... here is the email I sent..

Issues with Blackberry Bold

I am at a complete loss, and before I bring the blackberry back to seek refund I'd like to see if you are able to solve these issues for me.

Application download issues:

Facebook
 - will not install through the Blackberry bold or via web browser (firefox, Opera, Safari, IE)

Blackberry Maps
 - will not install through Blackberry Bold or through web browser  (firefox, Opera, Safari, IE)

- doesn't install onto Blackberry OS 4.6x

iSkoot for Skype
- will install but won't run

Agile messenger
- installs but when connecting, stalls

IM+ for Skype
- installs but when connecting, stalls

Pocket Mac Sync (from blackberry for Bold)
- installs
- runs basic but won't update my itunes, iphoto stating
"media card not present" which isn't the case

So if anyone out there has any answers.. please have a go! 

Please use plain text.