Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: 9780
Accepted Solution

you are attempting to open a secure connection but the server's certificate chain is invalid voip.blackberry.com

I avoid installing all kinds of software but recently upgraded to BBM v7.  Since then I have been getting the followin message whenever I connect to WIFI:

you are attempting to open a secure connection but the server's certificate chain is invalid

Cert belongs to *voip.blackberry.com

I have tried all the options including saving the cert in my truststore.  Still happens.

Please assist

Thanks

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: you are attempting to open a secure connection but the server's certificate chain is invalid voip.blackberry.com

Are you using the most up to date version of BBM?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: you are attempting to open a secure connection but the server's certificate chain is invalid voip.blackberry.com

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I think it's an issue with the firewall settings. See if the link below is relevant.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB33102 Using BlackBerry Messenger Voice Chat behind a firewall

If you are experiencing difficulty making or receiving BBM Voice chats or you have received the “Your voice chat failed due to a problem with the network connection” message a firewall maybe in place.   Firewalls add an additional level of security to your connection by permitting and denying network traffic between devices on the internal network and the internet.  BBM Voice uses the following ports and porting forwarding must be enabled for the application to work on a traffic restricted network:

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Hi John - I tried to check but my App World icon is missing so I am busy solving that too.

Hi Bifocals - thanks for your suggestion, I have made sure those ports are open on my FW, no luck.

Thanks so far guys.  I will probably need to upgrade my OS seems based on my research so far regarding App World icon which is missing...

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Appworld icon:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB29422
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

OK, so an OS upgrade to solve the App World issue which then forced me to upgrade BBM again as only V5 came with the OS upgrade seems all together have solved the main issue of the certificate chain.

Thanks for all the help!

My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Proximus

[ Edited ]

Same issue for me with curve 8900.

My phone asks me certificate (*.voip.blackberry.com) for connection to my home wi-fi since a few days.  Maybe since i've installed BB protect or upgraded bbm ?

Unfortunatly i can't upgrade OS (5.0.0.1036) and have no access to any bbm (7.0.1.23) ugrade Smiley Sad

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

I think that I have the solution. After trying all sorts of tricks and adjustments, none of which solved the problem permanently, I deleted BlackBerry Messenger and then reinstalled the previous version. No more error messages for several days! I think it is the new Voice connection section of the latest BBM that was responsible. Hope this helps stop a few more people tearing their hair out.

P.S. It is a good idea to back up your BBM Contacts List BEFORE deleting BBM. Saves a lot of hassle later!