Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

alficox
My Device: 9790

you tube / facebook videos

I have been unable to watch any videos on either you tube or facebook. This has only happened today. Is there something I need to do?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
RaverWild
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9790
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: you tube / facebook videos

Same to me. 9790 with BlackBerry OS 7.1. 2-3 days ago I am unable to watch Youtube videos. Haven't tested with Facebook. As long as I observed, problem is the browser don't detect the picture being a link, so I can't click it and so the media player does not start.

For me this is an issue with either the mobile version of Youtube or the Youtube "plug-in" or whatever that thing is which deploys into the browser to let us see the Youtube videos.

BlackBerry support, please respond on this.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
elessar
My Device: Z30 | Z10 | Playbook

This seems to be happening to a lot of BB users. No link to a specific device or OS. Itks been posted to the Google support forum. We're awaiting a fix.

In the short term, you can use the "Player for YouTube" from BB World. I've been able to search and play YouTube video through it with no problem.

Hope this helps. ~ecm
Contributor
RaverWild
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9790
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Yeah, after I replied here and saw the other tread with the 4 page posts about this issue. But BB have to write their own player or they will suffer waiting the mercy of Google, which is in the favor of Android.
Please use plain text.