Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Retired
rymcdonald
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

07.24.2013 updates to the WebWorks online training courses

Hello,

On July 24th we made some changes to the project code as well as a few of the downloadable lab exercises for our WebWorks online training courses.

This update addressed issues that were introduced with BlackBerry 10.1 and bbUI.js. Specifically, bbUI.js v0.9.6.687 changed the API for working with context menus and provided other updates that apply specifically to BlackBerry 10.1.  As a result, we updated the project code and the following lab exercises:

• Getting Started
  • Design and Development Fundamentals: bbUI Toolkit
  • BlackBerry Messenger Integration
  • Consuming External Data
  • Localization

If you’ve already started completing some of the lab exercises, we recommend that you download the latest project files and use these going forward. You might need to complete the updated “Getting Started” lab to make sure your environment is properly set up for the following labs. A link to the latest project files is provided on the WebWorks web-based training page of the BlackBerry Builder website.

If, for whatever reason, you want to stick with the original project code and lab exercise files, you can download the entire set of older files at the link noted below.  However, you must use an old version of the simulator (10.0.10.xxx and bbUI.js (0.9.6.15) if you choose to continue with these older lab files :

http://developer.blackberry.com/native/downloads/fetch/WebWorks_LabExercises_v1.zip

New Developer
ahmadsobri
My Device: BlackBerry 10

Re: 07.24.2013 updates to the WebWorks online training courses

Hi,.. 

if I take this course, will I get a few points? :Helpsmilie: