Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
rymcdonald
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Resources and Layouts

This thread is reserved for questions or comments relating to the "Resources and Layouts" online lesson and lab.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
JamesPtheNerd
My Device: Red LE Z10; PlayBook, BlackBerry Bold 9780; Torch 9800; Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

Re: Resources and Layouts

Hi;

Chapter 3, Resources and Layouts, contains an executable file which scan's as follows on VirusTotal.com: Screen Shot 2013-07-08 at 10.57.20 PM.png

--
James Robert Perih
http://www.cardcloud.com/jperih
Please use plain text.
New Developer
ChetGo
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Singtel

I always get a "root.convertToCelsius(fahrenheit.text) does not return a value" warnings even if I use the source codes that come along with the Lab exercises.

myCelsius = root.convertToCelsius(fahrenheit.text);

Also, how do you "duplicate your lab and name it to be Lab 3B"?  Apologies for the queries as I am very new to the IDE and Blackberry development in general. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
shopen
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

I've got the latest beta of the IDE installed, and there are no warnings in the solution project. The old IDE might have reported some warnings that you can ignore. 

To duplicate a project, you can copy and paste in the project explorer. Or copy the folder in your os, and then import it into your workspace.  Let me know if you need more step by step instructions.

I hope that helps. 

Please use plain text.