Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Ibrahimkamel
My Carrier: vodafone egypt

0 MEP tries left

i have 0 MEP trials left on my mobile and i read an article that supposed that i contact RIM to try to help me...

do anyone here have a solution

Please use plain text.
BBdevicesupport
My Carrier: Globe

Re: 0 MEP tries left

MEP is for unlocking code. Either your handset is lock with your network provider and you are using a different sim card. If you are using your network providers sim you need to try a 2 way sim swap to check where the problem lies. Try your sim in a different handset but make sure the handset is unlock and a different sim card on your handset. To be safe try a different sim but same network. If your sim card does not work on a different handset and both handset and sim belongs to a same network you need to contact your network provider for the fault follows the sim card but if a different sim but same network works on your phone the handset fails to recognize your sim card

I am working for a telco account and my department is with Blackberry Device Support team. Likes are very much appreciated. I do not work for my carrier, I work for a different carrier in a different country
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Carrier: BSNL

ibrahimkamel wrote :

i have 0 MEP trials left on my mobile and i read an article that supposed that i contact RIM to try to help me...

do anyone here have a solution

Hi ibrahimkamel

Welcome to BlaclBerry Support Forums

If you had tried all ten attempts then it can only be Unlocked by RIM ,No one can reset the MEP counter or Unlock it except RIM. Look at this Thread which might help you. mep code is blocked .

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xuan69
My Carrier: giffgaff

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Carrier: BSNL

xuan69 wrote :

There is a fix in the form of a sim adaptor on Ebay, works.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=0+tries+left+adaptor&_sacat=0&_odkw=0+tries+left&_osacat=0&_fr...

HI xuan69

So you mean this worked for you ?

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xuan69
My Carrier: giffgaff

Yes, 8520, 9700 and 9780, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mSLHC6mkcs another test i did....

Please use plain text.