Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
ScorpioBB
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8310
Accepted Solution

2 Weeks with BB 8310 & problems & learning won't go away

Hello,

I have bought my first BB (8310). It has been about 12 days and the problems just do not seem to go away (rather new ones keep cropping up)..and new solutions keep helping me out..(courtesy this forum)

This is an unlocked T mobile handset in which I am using a GSM SIM. Instead of running in circles, I will just put down some issues that are happening to the phone,

a. I upgraded the device software from 4.2.2 to 4.5.0.69 provided by T Mobile Germany. Everything was fine but the very next day the phone started rebooting between calls (3-4 times). My only rescue was this forum where I learnt that if one has a memory card inserted in the phone, it needs to reformatted. I did that and luckily it has stopped rebooting ever since

b. Now a new thing has started to crop up - there is a phone lag.

i. I am using the Today Theme on the phone and when I want to lock it, the hour glass pops up. Then I am scrolling down the menu, the screen freezes and a couple of secs (15-20) later starts off again.. Is this a feature??

ii. SMS Messages that I have deleted still continue to show on the Theme screen while they are not seen in the folder 

c. a lot of solutions around the BB have focussed around the Memory part. Is there any permanent solution to the whole thing (I mean, some optimized setting for the BB 8310 - e.g. keep only these programs and do not keep others)

d. Is there a  simple way to view folders..

e. There are several more of such stuff..

Sincerely wish that there were solutions to these.. 

Thanks
Anurag
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,848
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: 2 Weeks with BB 8310 & problems & learning won't go away

1. I would recommend you upgrade to the latest OS for the 8310:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8300-series-discussion-curve/164898-latest-os-8310-4-5-0-152...

.69 was a not a good release, in my opinion.

2. For memory issues, read this:  http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/112029-losing-call-logs-sms-emails-opt...

3. View folders on your BB at Media > Menu > Eplore.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ScorpioBB
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8310

Hello,

I am sure you must have heard this many times before..

Thanks so very much for this reply..you have made me a BB fan..(trust me I am a convert)..

Will continue to post..

Best Wishes.. 

Thanks
Anurag
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
onewaylucy
My Device: Not Specified

I have done everything that was explained and I still have this problem on my 8310. My memory file left is 1740287 Bytes. the file size is 2864.8 K. it says verifying security software everytime it comes back up. It never did that before. I don"t have to be on the browser for it to reboot. It does it automatically. Does anyone have a solution? My carrier is At&t
Please use plain text.